Gold hanger at the top of the badge with straight pin fastener on the reverse. Attached to the hanger is a large 1 3/4 x 1 3/4 celluloid button with color vignette of a mounted cavalryman holding his saber. Blank reverse. Attached to the hanger is a gold ribbon with black imprint, 10th N.Y. Cavalry Veterans 43rd Anniversary And Reunion At Hotel Crandall, Binghamton, N.Y. Sept. 21-22-23, 1904. The overall length of the badge is 7 1/4 inches. The celluloid button is slightly discolored, there is a small 1/4 inch tear near where the ribbon and hanger connect, the ribbon shows a few small red and blue ink spots at the bottom left, some discoloration and wear, and the bottom of the ribbon is frayed. Comes displayed in a 6 x 8 1/4, glass faced case with blue velvet background.
Among the most important engagements of the 10th New York Cavalry were Leesburg, Beverly Ford, Middleburg, Gettysburg, Shepherdstown, Sulphur Springs, Auburn, Bristoe Station, Todd's Tavern, Haw's Shop, Trevilian Station, King and Queen Court House, St. Mary's Church, Deep Bottom, Lee's Mill, Reams' Station, Poplar Spring Church, Boydton Plank Road, Prince George Court House, Stony Creek Station, Hatcher's Run, Dinwiddie Court House, Sailor's Creek, Farmville and at Appomattox Court House. [Source: The Union Army, Vol. 2].